Thursday, June 28, 2012
Thank you Steer Creek Ranch and the Oros Family! Any exhibitor who shows in the ISF Market Heifer Show will now have an opportunity to win a market heifer for next year. Exhibitors must sign up in person at the Steer Creek Ranch September Sale (no purchase necessary) to be eligible for the drawing. The drawing will held at approx 4:00 p.m. on September 9th in Hettick. There will be at least 5 market heifers for the winner of the drawing to choose from. All will be out of Steer Creek's Donor Program.
Thank you to the National Livestock Exhibitor and Eldon Miller for sponsoring the Grand and Reserve British Breed Champions for the ISF Market Heifer Show. Champion British heifer will receive $300 and Reserve British Breed will receive $200.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Junior Heifer Exhibitors at the Illinois State Fair (ISF) will have a new opportunity to show their cattle during the first ever Illinois State Fair Market Heifer Show. This inaugural show will take place in the Junior Livestock Center on Saturday, August 11th, following the conclusion of the ISF Junior Steer Show.
Dan Hoge of Cambridge, IL and Black Hawk College will evaluate this year’s event.
Jackpot Format in Place:
The ISF Market Heifer Show is a jackpot show and will pay out the following to the top 5 heifers: $500 for the ISF Grand Champion Market Heifer; $400 to the Reserve Grand Champion Market Heifer; third overall will receive $300; fourth overall heifer will receive $200 and $100 to the fifth overall heifer. Money and additional prizes will also be awarded to junior exhibitors for class placings.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE TO SHOW!
To be eligible to exhibit in the Market Heifer Show…
• All exhibitors must comply with the ISF Junior Show Age Requirements
• All heifers entered by a Junior Exhibitor in the Illinois State Fair are eligible to enter.
• Even if your heifer is not entered in any ISF Breed or Junior Show, you are still eligible to show. If you are showing in this market heifer show only, please contact a MHS Contact prior to the week of the state fair so the we can notify the junior show superintendent if additional stalling will be needed.
• Health papers required
• The entry deadline for the Market Heifer show will be Wednesday, August 8th
• A weight card can be obtained from the committee, must be filled out and turned in for each Heifer by the
conclusion of the Junior Steer Weigh In on Wednesday, August 8th.
• The weight indicated on the card will be the declared show weight of the heifer.
• Scales will be available for the exhibitors use during the Junior Steer Show Weigh In.
• By signing the weight card, the owner/exhibitor agrees to all the Illinois State Fair Junior rules and
regulations, including ownership and code of ethics.
• There will be no changing of weights after the weight cards have been turned in.
• All heifers will be shown by weight. If numbers permit there will be a British Breeds division with (Angus,Hereford, Shorthorn) showing together. Shorthorn Plus cattle will show with European cross breeds.
• All General Rules and Regulations for the Illinois State Fair will apply to this show.
Current sponsors for the ISF Market Heifer Show include Sullivan Supply, Umbarger Show Feeds, Dwyer Cattle Services, Elliott Cattle Company, Showmaster Feeds, Hubbard Feeds, ShowRite Feeds, VitaFerm, Sure Champ and Steer Creek Ranch. This show will also be broadcast LIVE on Livestock World TV with Anchorman Chris Terembes.
There are still plenty of sponsorship opportunities available.
Supreme Sponsorships are $500.00 and Champion Sponsorships are $250.00.
Anyone interested in sponsoring the 2012 ISF Market Heifer show can contact...
Bill Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Johnson at email@example.com
Bill Graff at 217-741-9003/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Hueber at email@example.com
Kyle Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jake Oros at email@example.com
General questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISF Market Heifer Show Committee hopes this event will provide an additional and unique opportunity for juniors at the state fair. The more interest and support we gain for this show, the better opportunity we have to make this new junior event very special!